18 December 2014

• Connecticut State Boundary Line in Long Island Sound…Can I Fish In New York, Rhode Island Marine Waters Using My Connecticut License?

“Can I fish in federal waters or in another state’s waters with a Connecticut Marine Waters Fishing License (MWFL)?"

CTDEEP says the following is provided for general guidance only. Always check with the state you plan to fish in for the latest licensing requirements.

Federal waters: Yes. Connecticut MWFL holders will be exempt from the federal registry requirement. However, if you intend to take tunas, sharks, swordfish or billfish in federal waters, you must also have the appropriate federal Highly Migratory Species (HMS) permit. NOAA HMS website: www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/.

New York: Yes. Note the following text provided on NYDEC web site as of April 2012: “You do not need to register if you are a Connecticut or Rhode Island resident who has a marine waters fishing license from their respective states.” For more information visit the NYDEC website: www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54950.html.

RI: Yes. RI DEM website: www.saltwater.ri.gov/

NH: No. Fish and Game website: www.wildlife.state.nh.us/marine/saltwater_license_FAQs.html

MA: Yes. MA DMF website: www.mass.gov/marinefisheries

ME: Yes. ME DMR website: http://www.maine.gov/dmr/recreational/rechomepage.html

OTHER States: No, UNLESS that state does not have a marine or saltwater fishing license requirement. In such cases a valid MWFL (Marine Waters Fishing License) from Connecticut (or any other exempt state) will satisfy the federal registry requirement.

Please visit this link: Long Island Sound Boundary Line

Please visit this link: Reciprocity with other states

No comments:

Post a Comment