26 December 2013

• “Anglers Face Dangers from Vibrio Vulnificus Bacterium and Fish-Handler's Disease”


“When Charlie Schneider came back one day in June after being out fishing near his Tilghman Island home, he noticed he was getting chills. His left ankle itched and got worse and worse through the evening. It eventually started to throb a bit, and he couldn't sleep.

"At 2 a.m., he asked his wife to get an ice pack before discovering that his ankle had swollen to twice its normal size.

”He didn't know what had caused the reaction, but his decision to go straight to the hospital ultimately helped save his legs—and his life….”

Read the full article at this link: BaltimoreSun.com


No comments:

Post a Comment